Effective immediately: March 16, 2020
To ensure the safety of clients and staff and to allow for social distancing recommended by the CDC, we have instituted the following protocol.
- For anyone showing possible signs of COVID-19 (coughing, fever, shortness of breath), we ask you to please delay all elective procedures until quarantine is completed.
- For all other clients, please follow these guidelines we have put in place below:
- Please do not enter the building. This is to keep close contact to a minimum.
- Please call us at 703 273 5110 from your cell phone when you arrive.
- Please let us know what vehicle you are in and where you are parked.
- You are to remain inside your vehicle.
- One of our team members will come out to your car to get your pet for the appointment.
- Please make sure your dog is on a leash and their collar is secure and that your cat is secured in a carrier.
- Please do not leave during your pet’s appointment. This is to ensure that you are readily available should we have any questions or concerns during your pet’s appointment.
- We will place your call on hold so that our technicians and Doctors will be able to communicate with you. If any additional information is needed prior to us performing any diagnostics, or if additional tests are needed beyond the examination, a staff member or the doctor must be able to communicate with you.
- After the doctor has examined your pet, they will review their findings and recommendations and answer any questions you may have. You will need to give permission for all tests, treatments and medications.
- You will then be placed on hold and transferred to the front desk where payment can be collected only via credit card.
- Your pet will be brought out to you along with any medication prescribed and a copy of your transaction.
- Please be assured diligent disinfection and handwashing practices have been instituted in accordance with CDC guidelines to keep you, your pet and our staff stay safe.
- Thank you so much for your understanding and patience during these times. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Please be aware that our hours and ability to stay open will be subject to change. We will be following all recommendations from the CDC and government as relayed to us.
More information about pets and COVID -19. Here are the links below:
WorldSmall Animal Veterinary Association: https://wsava.org/news/highlighted-news/the-new-coronavirus-and-companion-animals-advice-for-wsava-members/
World Organization for Animal Health: https://www.oie.int/en/scientific-expertise/specific-information-and-recommendations/questions-and-answers-on-2019novel-coronavirus/